11kv Aerial Bunched Cables
Aerial Bunched Cable (ABC) is a very innovative concept for overhead power distribution as compared to the conventional bare conductor overhead distribution system. It is being designed, manufactured & tested conforming to IS: 14255 & other international specifications. It provides higher level of safety and reliability, lower power losses and ultimate system economy by reducing installation, maintenance and operative cost. This system is ideal for rural distribution and it is especially perfect for installation in difficult terrains such as hilly areas, forest areas, coastal areas etc. ABC is also considered to be ideal for power distribution in congested urban areas with narrow lanes and by-lanes. In developing urban complex, ABC is the first choice because of its flexibility for re-routing as demanded by changes in urban development plan.In theft prone areasAs replacement of bare lines in rural areas, in woods, other localities & narrow street where space is limitedAs replacement of bare lines where reliability of supply is of prime importanceAs replacement of bare lines where high degree of stability of supply voltage is of importanceIn hilly terrains where cost of erection of overhead lines of under ground cable becomes very highAs reinforcement of existing system without increasing voltageFor temporary suppliesAdvantages
Aerial Bunched Cables are suitable for the following functions mentioned as under:
Aerial Bunched Cables Lines have very high reliability in maintaining services because power and neutral conductors are insulated with the best dielectric. The benefits of using this line are:
- Less fault rage on account of good protection against line and ground fault by high winds or falling trees or bird especially in hilly areas & forests as encountered in rural distribution networks.
- High insulation resistance to earth in all seasons and polluted atmospheres. Negligible leakage currents and low losses.
- Multiple circuits of power and telephone cables could be strung in the same set of poles or any other supports like walls etc.
- Better adaptability to “in concurrently with existing over-head bare conductor system without any interference.
- High capacitance and low inductance leading to low impedance of lines.
- Lower voltage drop, higher current carrying capacitates, vis-à-vis better voltage regulation.
- Total lines costs are reduced.
- Maintenance is very easy.
- Very difficult to tap the ABC cables, thus reducing theft, which leads to lower distribution.